miércoles, 8 de mayo de 2019

Modal Verbs_Seminario unisucre




This lesson was developed for children of 5 grades.  In this unit learners will learn and identify the different modal verbs.

Definition: Modal verbs are known as auxiliary verbs.

Esta lección está diseñada para estudiantes de 5ª grado. En esta unidad los aprendices podrán aprender identificar los distintos verbos modales.

Definición: Los verbos modales son conocidos igualmente como verbos auxiliares.




Can: can es usado para expresar habilidad, permisos y posibilidades.









Ability: Cindy can play the violin.
Permission: Can I borrow your laptop?
Possibility: German can be very hard to understand sometimes.

Could: could es usado para expresar habilidad, permiso y posibilidad. También es el condicional y el pasado del verbo Can.








Conditional: could you open the door for me? Please!
Past tense: I could run 10 miles when I was 12 years old.

May: may es usado para expresar permiso y posibilidad.









Permission: May I use the bathroom?
Possibility: She may come next week.

Might: might es usado para expresar posibilidad y puede remplazar may.





Ex: It might rain later.

Should/ought out:  son usados para expresar concejos y probabilidad.






Advice:  you should study hard.  (You ought to study hard)
Probability: she should be home by 10:20 pm

Must/Have to: son usados para expresar obligación y  necesidad.






Obligation: you must go to work.  You have to go to work.
Necessity: I must call my mother before she leaves. I have to call her before she leaves.


Had better: had better es usado para expresar recomendaciones y esperanzas.







Recomendation: you had better stop smoking before you get sick.

Hope: she had better arrive in the next flight.

Will/shall: son usados para expresar futuro.








Ex: they will go to Europe next summer.
You shall finish your homework.

At the end of this topic, you can do the tasks proposed in this material.

In order to do the activity, you have to complete the gaps in each sentence. There are 10 exercises in total, but if you need to check the material one more time, you are being able to do it. You are free to carry out the activity proposed.





Give the correct modal verb for the following sentences, use: should___shouldn’t___can___can’t or couldn’t.


TAke the Quiz Here...


Una vez haya realizado toda la actividad correctamente, usted esta capacitado para usar los verbos modales en cualquier conversación.   










No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario